MJ Beswick at Corroluna Studio

Welcome to the artist studio of MJ Beswick where the art of happiness happens.



Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Inspiration


Inspiration can come from the unexpected or from the everyday. The unusual things that happen by chance, like a dramatic cloud layered sunset, make us stop and take particular notice. We may take a photograph or paint a quick sketch to capture this unusual moment. This type of striking inspiration is always welcomed but it is the everyday that requires a closer look to be appreciated for its familiar comfort. I am inspired by the little things in life that make me happy…like my Crocs. I have made two paintings about these popular and endearing shoes. The square one is called Love My Crocs and was inspired by the traditional Crocs that so many of us know and love.  The rectangle is called Flip Flops. It was inspired by a pair of sandaled Crocs that I love to wear on hot summer days. Inspiration can be right under your nose, or in this case, right under your feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment