MJ Beswick at Corroluna Studio

Welcome to the artist studio of MJ Beswick where the art of happiness happens.



Monday, March 21, 2011

Teaching a Workshop this week


I love to teach! To pass along the knowledge I have gained through years of experience and see it help others to advance on their journey is very rewarding. Painting is a journey of self- discovery as well as self- expression and most importantly it is so much fun!

This Friday I begin teaching a 3 day workshop at the Crossroads Art Center, in Richmond, on Mixed Water Media. This workshop explores the virtues, pitfalls and advantages of watercolor and acrylic paints in mixed media painting. I will demonstrate how to use these two different paints effectively in one painting and how to further enhance the painting  surface with water soluble crayons, pencils, various tools and paper surfaces.  My painting below, called Tree Party I, is an example of mixed water media.

No comments:

Post a Comment